Charles Selcer is one of the founders of Schechter Dokken Kanter CPAs. He has over 30 years of audit and business consulting experience. His areas of specialization include audits of SEC registrants, not-for-profit organizations and charities.
Mr. Selcer has extensive experience in organizational planning and currently teaches Professional Ethics classes for the Minnesota and North Dakota Society of CPA’s and CPA firms and Universities across the country.
Click here to download my v-card.
Certified Public Accountant
Chartered Global Management Accountant
Williams College, B.A., Economics
New York University, MBA – Accounting
-Minnesota State Board of Accountancy, Appointed to Board by Governor March 2015
-AICPA, Technical Standards Committee (Ethics) (1996-1999; 2001-2010), 2001 AICPA National Not For Profit Conference, Presenter “Employee Retention in the New Millennium”
-MNCPA, Professional Ethics Committee, 1983-Present; Chairman (1990-1991; 2007-2008), Non-Profit Committee, 1995 -1997, Footnote Publication, Author of Ethics Q&A Column (1990-present)
-Allinial Global – Accounting Firm Association, Non-Profit Committee 2000-Present, Vice Chair 2004-Present
Current or former board member:
- Spina Bifida Association of America
- Cabrini Partnership
- Jewish Community Foundation
- Numero Steinfeldt Foundation
- Phillips Eye Institute Foundation
- Sholom Community Alliance – President 2015 – 2017
- Sholom Foundation – President 2011 – 2013
- Minneapolis Jewish Community Center – President 2000 – 2001
- Feline Rescue – Vice President 2015 – present
- Minneapolis Jewish Federation – Vice President and Treasurer
When I’m not working…
I like to play tennis competitively, golf poorly and complain about the Vikings.