Our quarterly series continues with a focus on tax strategies for individuals and business owners at all stages of life.
Join the leadership from four of SDK’s departments as they take a look at the opportunities and options for a family of four – business owners, employees, entrepreneurs – how they weigh the opportunities and what tools they use to make decisions.
The format for this year will use three scenarios to present and discuss the variety of options available to business owners, their children and employees. The scenarios will cover a business owner just starting out, and a business owner ready to retire.
Regardless of your situation, you will see yourself here.
Follow Birch and Daisy Linden, owners of 4 Seasons Landscaping, a n imaginary business in the twin cities. Scenario #1 will discuss the opportunities for them, their business and offspring; scenario #2 will follow their daughter Amaryllis through her professional opportunities; scenario #3 walks with son Glen’sdecision to open a movie theater.
- Section 529 Plans and other education financing options
- Trusts, charitable giving
- Children working in the family business
- Comparison of various retirement plan vehicles
- Sales and use tax
- When to hire a CPA vs. doing books yourself
- Payroll and 1099 reporting
- Business entity selection/determination
- and more – with plenty of time for your questions