We’ve been regularly providing updates for businesses, organizations and individuals. The listing below pertains to our nonprofit clients in particular.
• IRS postpones filing and payment due date for Form 990 return series when normally due on or after April 1, 2020, and before July 15, 2020.
• For 2019 calendar-year entities, Form 990 series returns (including Forms 990-T and 990-PF) normally due May 15, 2020, are now due July 15, 2020.
• Fiscal-year entities with year ends ending on or before January 31, 2020, have a postponed due date of July 15, 2020.
• The due date for filing and making payments with Form 4720 moved to July 15, 2020.
• Quarterly estimated tax payments on Form 990-W, due after April 1, 2020, and before July 15, 2020 are due July 15, 2020.
• No action needs to be taken to have the due date moved to July 15, 2020.
• If additional time is needed beyond July 15, 2020, an extension form can be filed by July 15, 2020, to extend the due date to not more than 6 months from the normal original due date.
In other words, the normal extended due date will usually apply (November 15, 2020, for most calendar year nonprofit tax returns).
We encourage you to reach out to our nonprofit team – Wendy Harden, Teresa McAlpine, or Amy Babcock, with any questions. This is a complicated time, and we’re happy to help you through all the new issues surrounding the changes.